Our online therapy sessions provide all of the benefits of our face to face sessions while allowing you to stay within the comfort of your own home. You will have sessions with a dedicated, highly trained, psychologist or psychotherapist who will work with you during scheduled video calls to overcome any particular issues you are facing in your life.
Therapy From Home
Now more than ever, the ability for us to provide empowering online support for our clients has become paramount. We have been providing remote psychology services at the highest level for many years. With clients from many different parts of the world having sought us out to benefit from our unique approach to therapy, we have refined our online infrastructure to provide the most effective remote therapy for our clients. We now work exclusively online with all our clients whether they are based in the United Kingdom or further afield.
How Online Therapy Works
Our online therapy sessions provide all of the benefits of face to face sessions while allowing you to stay within the comfort of your own home. You will have sessions with a dedicated, highly trained, psychologist or psychotherapist who will work with you during scheduled video calls to overcome any particular issues you are facing in your life.
With many years of experience in the field, we are confident that our therapists can provide you with the support you need to move past previous traumatic events and other stressors which may be causing problems in your life. Part of our approach to therapy is to equip you with strategies and techniques which you can take from your therapy sessions to help you feel stronger in yourself and be better able to face challenges which come your way going forward.
What You Need To Use Online Therapy
You don’t need anything out of the ordinary to be able to take advantage of our online therapy service. A laptop or a computer with access to an internet connection are the only essentials. Most laptops usually have a built-in camera and microphone but a desktop computer might need these as additional items.
We always use secure services like Zoom or VSEE to enable our online therapy sessions. All new clients are sent full instructions on how to download the services we use so that they are ready to connect with us for their scheduled session.
We tend to find one to one video calls the most effective way of conducting online therapy sessions, but we are also available to tailor our remote therapy to simply use a voice call if this is something a client would prefer. Just get in touch if you need any more information about this option.
Creating A Safe And Peaceful Environment For Online Therapy
When embarking with online therapy, it’s a good idea to spend a little time creating a safe and peaceful environment for you to use. Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for your session.
- Choose comfortable seating for your session. Whether that means adding cushions to support you or using a beanbag to find a nice reclined position, the important thing is to find your favourite way to be seated.
- A blanket can be a really nice addition so that you stay warm throughout the session.
- Some clients like to have pebbles or touch stones nearby. Holding these can be a nice grounding device during therapy.
- Take a moment to make sure that the lighting you have for the session will be comfortable for you.
- Set your monitor up in a way that you can see the screen clearly, but you don’t have to hold it or adjust it all the time. If you’re using a laptop, using a tray or well-placed table can help you to locate it so that you don’t have to hold it.
- As we often use sounds during the session, it can be helpful to have headphones to hand. Your therapist will guide you how and when to use them.
- If you are living with others, ensure that they are aware that you will need a quiet space to yourself during your session. Perhaps put a note outside the door to remind them not to disturb you.
- This might sound obvious, but it’s important to ensure that your mobile phone is turned off so that you don’t get any interruptions during your session.
- Try to schedule in some time for yourself after your online therapy session ends to give your body and mind the chance to absorb what you’ve been working on. If you are able to allow time for a sleep this can really help to integrate the work which has just been done with your therapist.
If you would like any more information about any aspect of our online therapy sessions please let us know and we’ll be happy to discuss your needs with you. You can call us or use the contact form below. We’re looking forward to supporting you with the positivity you’d like to create in your life soon.
When you contact our service we keep your details on our records so that we can communicate with you in the future about your enquiry. We handle all data submitted to us in compliance with data protection best practices and GDPR requirements. To learn more about this please view our Data Policy.